The cars were buried!!
Towards the end of it the sun tried to peak outta the clouds & as night was falling there was this gorgeous blue “glow” all around (no tricks with the camera here, I promise, this was an auto flash setting!)
Well dinner tonight was a last minute decision since I could not seem to come up with a final plan until late in the day! So I went with a comforting dish after a suggestion of sloppy joes from Mr. Man.
After perusing a few sloppy joe recipes & taking into account that we had no ground meat, I came up with my own take on this classic:
Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes
- 4 small chicken breasts (unpic)
- 2 small onions
- 3-4 stalk celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tblsp tomato paste
- 3 tblsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tblsp worcestershire
- 1/8 cup Frank’s hot sauce
1. Boil chicken breasts in enough water to cover, about 15 minutes until cooked. Remove from water & shred using 2 fork method. Save boiling water.
2. Chop onions & celery, adding to 1 tblsp EVOO and sauteing until tender. Mince garlic and add towards end, plus S&P.
3. Then lower temp to med-low and stir in tomato paste, vinegar, brown sugar, worcestershire, Frank’s hot sauce and 1 3/4 cups of reserved cooking water.
4. Let warm through before adding shredded chicken breast and some more S&P.
At this point just turn it down to warm and get the rest of dinner ready, flavors get better w/ time (at a safe temp of course – food safety police this girl I tell ya!)
To go with our sloppy chicken joes I made some pepper jack potatoes using this cheesy lurve
Plus some sunshine yellow corn
Served them all up, sloppy joes on some whole wheat toast (no buns + snowy roads = make do with what ya got!)
I really enjoyed this random recipe and The Man did too! Can’t wait for leftovers, this kinda stuff only gets even better with time
Alright, I’m off to watch a movie (story of my life these snowy days?) I hope that you friends have a wonderful night & see ya’ll tomorrow!