So here we are Thursday night (whoop whoop!) – I’ve been waiting all week for you sucker 😉 Tomorrow is a short day, and well-deserved (after a day full of analytical methodologies/statistics!)
But enought about that! Let’s do a rewind of today’s training eats…. (besides the PBLoco cookie dough PB that got brought into class and spread atop some figgie newtons, pretzels, my keyboard…etc haha 😉
And on the inside:
Today’s lunchie was probably my least fave of the week – pretty blah however the potato salad was decent (although I’m not the bigget mayo based salad fan so I only ate half :/)
After work I stopped by Trader Joe’s to pick up some wine, bread & pumpkin butta pour moi my lil sis and for the
I ❤ TJs. Fo’ life.
Can’t wait to use my new random number generator tool (gahhh uber-math-nerd in training today haha) to pick the winner for this stuff!! 🙂 And btw, I’m LOVING the comments I’ve gotten so far — so many fantastic uses for this stuff awesome bloggie buds!!
Then it was time to get started on some din!
- Steaks marinated in overnight in Aloha Mango Pineapple Terryaki glaze (bottle is DUNNZO!), soy sauce and fresh sliced ginger from the freezer (best trick for storage)
- Maple Acorn Squash
- Mahatma Saffron Rice (this stuff is ah-may-zing!) topped w/ caramalized onions
Marinade sound familiar peeps? I freaking love this combo – now it’s been done on chicken, pork and steak. The trilogy? Anyways… 🙂
Since today was a later day at training, so soon as I got home I threw the acorn squash in a 350F oven for about 40 minutes to get rollin’ while I did some laundry – easy peasy!
Once that was done it was time to get started with the rest of the eats!
I made the topping for the squashies out of
- 1 tblsp melted butter
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp sugar free syrup
- sprinkle of nutmeg & pumpkin pie spice
Bake these suckers for another 25 minutes til they are super tender and sweet and then top with some walnuts if you so desire!
Then it was time for the meattttt, which I cooked on my most favorite cooking present ever received: the cast iron skillet/grill thing haha!!
- 1) squash was insanely deelish – wow. let’s just say that The Man ate all his first, even before the meat. Yea.
- 2) meat turned out perfectly – who needs a grill when you have this skillet?!
- 3) rice / onions was the perfect compliment to this meal
Overall — 3 cheers for this fall fiesta — it was superb!! 🙂
K bloggie bloggertons, gotta go catch up on some google reader and then get to sleep! Shorter day tomorrow and then Lucy Dog vet visit…AND Va Tech this weekend whoop whoop! Have a fantastic Thursday everyone 🙂