Check out what greeted me at the door when I got home from work today…
…surprise package? 😉
The superfab folks over at POM Wonderful were kind enough to send me these lovelies to try out!
- PomX Iced Coffees (cafe au lait, chocolate and new vanilla flavas)
How excited is this girl?! 🙂
So over the next few days I will be giving these bad boys a test drive, letting you peeps in on their amount of awesome-tastic-ness…. and we all know that this girl keeps it real!
But now onto a confession, a bad blogger confession at that
So after a long day at training (it’s been a heck of a week peeps) and a long commute home in rush hour, I lost all desire to exercise and all I wanted to do was relax and take in some silence before I had to get started on dinner/chores. Bad fanatic 😦
Usually I can muster through lack of motivation and feel so good afterwards, but today my body and mind just said no. However, on the bright side, we have a half day at work tomorrow so I know I will have ample time to get a great yoga session in and actually enjoy it without being exhausted and rushed!! A ‘win’ situation overall? That’s how I’m judging it 😉
Phew, feels good to get that off my chest!
Dinner time, don’t want to leave you peeps hangin’!
Let’s just call this a lil’ fiesta concoction that I came up with based on ease of preparation/ingredients on hand/frugality:)
- Goya Spanish rice
- Chicken tenderloins, chopped into chunks
- 2 Poblano peppers, chopped (picked ’em myself!)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- TJ’s enchilada sauce
- Added 2 banana peppers + frozen corn as well (not pictured)
This was a definite winner winner chicken dinner peeps, proud fiesta lady over here! Here’s how it went down:
1. Saute chopped onions and peppers in 1 tblsp EVOO (don’t forget to add some water as they cook if they start to stick!)
2. Meanwhile, get the rice goin’ according to directions (takes about 25 minutes so want to get it ready to go)
3. Once peppers and onions cook down for a bit, add the frozen corn and cook another few minutes.
4. Add chopped chicken to pan and cook til almost done
5. Once chicken is mostly cooked through add some TJ’s enchilada sauce and lower heat to finish cooking.
6. Once rice is done, begin layering in a baking dish (preheat oven to 400F)
7. Heat in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts and voila!
Serve with RF sour cream & Frank’s hot sauce & get ready to be oh soooo happy! 🙂
Lovin’ it – soooo good, easy and cheap.
On a last note (this is a longggg post I know!!!) but stay with me for this one, please bloggies! 🙂
Check out this amazing project that the fabulous Natalie has started:
PROJECT FEED ME
I just registered today and hope that you fabulous peeps will take a minute to read up on this wonderful cause and maybe you will want to take part too!!!
What is Project Feed Me?
Project Feed is a nine week program designed to help feed thousands of hungry Families.
- Donate as many items of food as possible to the Local Food Banks
- Rally as many people as possible to participate in Project Feed Me
- Give back and Feed the hungry
How do I participate?
Four Easy Steps:
1. Register and become a member of Project Feed Me
Registering for the project is important and will help Project Feed Me keep track of how many people are participating. We will also be able to keep track of how much food we are collecting and how many people we will be able to feed!!
2. Commit to buying two of the “recommended food items” per week for the entire nine week project
3. Commit to getting at least 3 other people to become members of Project Feed Me
4. At the end of nine weeks, look up your local food bank (US here) (Canada here)and donate your items
*The recommended food items are a list of items that have been predetermined by Food Banks across the country. The recommended food items will be posted at nono2yoyo.com every Monday Starting Monday October 12. It will be your responsibility to check back each week to find out what the weekly item is and ensure you are buying the foods that are recommended and needed by the food banks.
Check out what impact this project could have…..
Check out Natalie’s site for more info guys!!
Alright you awesome bloggies, gotta get outta here and get some sleep soon…. half day tomorrow, yoga and probably some shopping/cooking on the agenda – TGIAF you superfab peeps 🙂 !!