This lady is t-i-r-e-dddddd today… why you ask?!?!
Well, let me just start off this post with this lil’ funny for you friends….
Last night, my 12 year old boyfriend went to GameStop @ midnight to wait in line for some supposed superfabulous-life changin video game (yes, we had preordered and prepaid weeks ago, including the NIGHT VISION GOGGLES really?). So needless to say I didn’t get to bed til he came back home & woke me up to show these fine goggles off. I mean seriously people?
Then I was again woken as the sun was rising at 6:30am when he was COMING TO BED!!!! He stayed up and played this thing all night online with his fellow gamin’ buddies, the living room looks like a tornado hit it (energy drink, food wrappers, beer bottle gahhh boys) and he is taking today off to sleep & continue playing more.
One thought on all this: I think this is just something that me, as a woman, will NEVER UNDERSTAND.
So that’s how my day started. Late bedtime + waking me up early = grrrrrr 😛
UPDATE: Just received a text from sleeping beauty (I am assuming he has arisen from his slumber) saying “Sorry the place was a mess this morning, but I picked it up! Love u!!” Gotta love him? 😉
Anywho, got to work early since I got up nice and early (ehhh hmmmm) and proceeded with my workday. Took a quick break before lunch to mail a special foodie package to my fave homegirl 🙂 and then got to my lunch!!
At least it was a good lunch day!
Sweet & savory salad from last night
Turkey, swiss & best mustard evah sammie
New (to me) Chobani blueberry flavor!
and maybeeeee some unpictured delicious M&M’s 😉 oooops!
After work today I am
- (1) nervous to go home and see what tornado has rolled through our house during video game extravaganza 2009
- (2) planning a quick upper body workout since tomorrow a.m. is heavy on the cardio
- (3) pulling out the trusty wok for some stir fry!
We have tomorrow off work (yipppeeeeeee!) so hopefully I can catch up on some sleep tonight 😛
Tomorrow I have plans to hit up a CardioInterval class at the gym in the morning, my fave instructor is teaching (!) and to attempt to do a whole chicken in the crockpot…. adventures 🙂 !
We interrupt your regularly scheduled blog post for a pic of this yummy lookin’ din that fanatic-Mom threw together on Sunday – is she the cutest or what?!
Tilapia Vera Cruz – modified with less oil/butter from this guy’s recipe (wonder where I get it from 😉 ) Go Mom!
2 questions for you friends before I go:
1) For you other friends with the day off tomorrow, what kind of fun things do you have planned?!
2) Does anyone else have a boyfriend that plays video games & have you come to terms with this fact 😛 Snob Steph factor update: I never thought I would be able to date someone that played “nerdy” video games (who am I to talk.. ehh hmmm computer CPA nerd self!), however I am learning that they are really not that big-a-deal! Slap my hand for rudeness!
Alrighty friends, I’m off to tackle what’s left of this workday – hope you enjoy yours as well and see ya tonight 🙂