It’s another week and another Blogger Secret Ingredient! Week 57 to be exact 🙂
Thanks to my fave homegirl Jenna for selecting me to host this weeks secret ingredient!
As a reminder, here is how all the fun goes down:
Each week, a new host picks an ingredient and anyone (food blogger or not) can submit a recipe.
- The host picks an ingredient, preferably one that is in season, readily available, and not too expensive.
- The host links back to all the other previous weekly hosts.
- Participants create a unique recipe using the BSI and e-mail the host with their recipes.
- You do not have to have a food blog to participate, and you do not have to submit a photograph (although it is preferred).
- If you don’t have a blog, you can submit your recipe to the host, and she will post your recipe for you on her blog.
- The host reviews the recipe submissions by Sunday night of each week.
- The hosts pick a recipe that is her favorite.
- The host posts the winner Monday morning and sends the winner a token prize of her choosing.
Make sure you visit all of these fabulous bloggers that have hosted the secret ingredient week in the past! 🙂
Week 56: Foodie In the City – Ricotta Cheese
Week 55: Savvy Eats– Maple Syrup
Week 54: Sound Eats – Dried Fruit
Week 53: MegaNerdRuns – Acorn Squash
Week 52: Healthy Tipping Point – Pancake Mix
Week 51: Live, Laugh Eat – Almond Butter
Week 50: Balance, Joy and Delicias! – Cauliflower
Week 49: Healthy San Diego Living – Chickpeas
Week 48: Thought 4 Food – Yogurt
Week 47: London Foodie in New York – Chocolate
Week 46: Johnstone’s Vin Blanc – Oats
Week 45: Guilty Kitchen – Figs
Week 44: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet – Peanut Butter
Week 43: The Sophisticated Gourmet – Brown Sugar
Week 42: My Kitchen Addiction – Lime
Week 41: Nutmeg Nanny – Coffee
Week 40: Chaya’s Comfy Cook – Broccoli
Week 39: Healthy Delicious – Plums
Week 38: Zoe – Feta
Week 37: ChezWhat– Potatoes
Week 36: Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice – Blueberries
Week 35: Girlichef -Greens
Week 34: The Ungourmet – Watermelon
Week 33: Bread + Butter – Bell Pepper
Week 32: Burp and Slurp -Corn
Week 31: Say Yes to Salad – Kabocha
Week 31 1/2: Simply Fabulous Now– Cherries
Week 30: Thinspired – Bananas
Week 29: To Be The Whole Package – Almonds
Week 28: Kristas Kravings – Lemon
Week 27: From French Fries To Flax Seeds – Coconut
Week 26: Plentiful Plants – Avocado
Week 25: Training Fuel – Eggs
Week 24: Dinner at Christina’s – Cabbage
Week 23: Hey What’s for Dinner, Mom? – Strawberries
Week 22: One Bite at a Time – Basil
Week 21: Just Sweet Enough – Black Beans
Week 20: What I Ate Yesterday – Kale
Week 19: What’s for Dinner – Orange
Week 18: Bran Appetit!–Spinach
Week 17: Tales of Expansion -Dates
Week 16: Biggest Diabetic Loser – Zucchini
Week 15: Sweet & Natural –Peppermint
Week 14: bella eats [and runs] – Ginger
Week 13: Coffee Talk – Walnuts
Week 12: For the Love of Oats – Pumpkin
Week 11: Trying to Heal – Sweet Potatoes
Week 10: The Inner Workings of a College Graduate – Eggplant
Week 9: Itzy’s Kitchen – Pears
Week 8: The Fitnessista – Cranberries
Week 7: Tri to Cook – Lentils
Week 6: Rhodey Girl Tests – Polenta
Week 5: Eating Bender – Butternut Squash
Week 4: Care to Eat – Apples
Week 3: On a Lobster Placemat – Mushrooms
Week 2: Hangry Pants – Tomatoes
Week 1: sportsnutritionliving – Quinoa
My secret ingredient was inspired by last night’s fantastic mashed potato adventure. So what is it you ask?
Bleu cheese is by far one of my fave ingredients, from crumbling over a fresh salad to baking into almost any dish imaginable (we all know my love affair with steak + this good stuff 😉 ) it really is a flavor punch! And no hating on any type of bleu cheese you want to use, crumbled, dressing, etc – go for it friends!
How you are going to use it is the most important question, my friends?!
How to win/things to note for this week’s BSI:
- Get creative and get cooking and baking in your kitchen!
- Please e-mail me when you post your BSI recipe on your blog. If you don’t have a blog, send me your recipe and picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The BSI winner will receive a small prize!
- You have until Sunday, November 22nd at 8 PM EST to enter
- Recipes will be posted on Monday morning along with the winner.
Tune back in for your regularly scheduled bloggie tonight 😉 She spent the morning at the doctor and is trying to recover from this throat infection, praying she can still attend tonight’s super secret fun event & report back to you friends 🙂
Enjoy the start to a new week!